Remove the Escape Hatch

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2018-8-15 10:22:05 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hello, I’m having a lot of fun playing this game and I really enjoy playing as a Hunter. The thrill of the chase is something that heavily excites me. But I do find that the Escape hatch that opens up once there is 1 survivor left kind of takes away from the whole experience.

For me personally, I like to hunt everyone and have a flawless victory where I can remove all four survivors from the game. Of course this includes that last survivor. It’s just me and you now... one on one. The chase is on... and then... it’s not. The game ends and they have managed to escape. I know that you still win the game even though that last survivor got away but it’s really not about that. It’s about the satisfaction of “getting them all”.

This would also stop those survivors that just sit by the hatch waiting until everyone else loses so they can quickly get away. Again, I know you still win if just one survivor escapes but I don’t know, to me I would just prefer if the only way to escape was to decipher five codes and escape through the exit. I believe and I hope others would agree that the escape hatch should be removed completely.
Single Polls, Total 81 Users voted
9.88% (8)
90.12% (73)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2018-8-16 16:49:01 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
The hatch exists as a mechanic so that if there's hope for lone survivors who dont have enough decoders done to open a door. In a 1v1 scenario, how likely would it be for a survivor to do 1+ machines AND get the door open without going down?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2018-8-21 09:46:47 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
The hatch is the most fun part of this game, both for hunters and survivors.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
The Floor
Post time 2018-8-21 09:47:30 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
Don’t be a greedy hunter, let others have fun :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
5#
Post time 2018-8-22 20:48:17 | Show the author posts only
ShadyWaffles replied at 2018-8-16 16:49
The hatch exists as a mechanic so that if there's hope for lone survivors who dont have enough decod ...

You had 4 to start

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
6#
Post time 2018-8-22 20:50:39 | Show the author posts only
Jack replied at 2018-8-21 09:47
Don’t be a greedy hunter, let others have fun :)

How is getting away "fun"?  It's not a matter of fun but you're trying to use it justify it.

It should be at 1 or 2 ciphers remaining not 3.  3 shouldn't be rewarded.

Also the hatch typically makes the game unfun if anything for one survivor because typically what I see when I chair one and there's only one other left is that one will ignore them and try to find the hatch and pretty much say screw them.  So much fun right?  Your teammate ignores you to try to escape.

I understand it's something that's been in DbD, but DbD is so much more intricate in terms of gameplay that comparing the two is like comparing WoW to LoL at times.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
7#
Post time 2018-8-23 10:41:02 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
purebalance replied at 2018-8-22 20:50
How is getting away "fun"?  It's not a matter of fun but you're trying to use it justify it.

It s ...

You do know you can left one survivor incapacitated and find the other right?
I don’t see where are you going with this.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
8#
Post time 2018-8-23 10:47:18 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
If you’re unable to capture the 2 last remaining survivors with 1-3 untouched chipers left, then its not hatchs fault, but lack of skills as a hunter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
9#
Post time 2018-8-23 11:08:35 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
If your wise then leave the survivor Incapacitated then cause the other one. If they heal themselves then it's just once, then chase then again and incapacitated and chase the other one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
10#
Post time 2018-8-26 22:55:09 From the mobile phone | Show the author posts only
purebalance replied at 2018-8-22 20:50

It s ...

with that logic then how is killing all the survivors “fun” if there are 3 ciphers left and no hatch then there is no chance the survivor escapes without a hatch unless the hunter is braindead.. which obviously isnt the case given the situation. I mean you’ve already won the game at that point. why take away the last survivors chance of at least escaping alone? THAT adds a bit more “fun” and chase than a guaranteed kill if there is no hatch. If anything  maybe they should have the hatch spawn/reveal itself the second there is one survivor remaining. at least this way they cant camp the hatch. also there have been a few times when all survivors escape and there is one camping the hatch and waiting. this could combat that and at least create a bit intensity in what would usually be a boring ending if the hunter wipes the survivors. but removing the hatch as a whole isnt a fair idea

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules