PC Version Won't Open

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2020-9-19 08:23:22 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by scrcrw at 2020-9-19 08:30

First I downloaded and installed the PC game directly from the website, which didn't work. When I click the desktop shortcut, the NetEase logo pops up for a few seconds then goes away. The game itself doesn't ever launch. I even tried launching the game from the file folder (the application called dwrg.exe) but the same thing happened. I tried running the game in Windows 8, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 compatibility mode. This did not work. I tried running as administrator, but that didn't work. I also tried adding it to the list of apps that can bypass the firewall. Again, didn't work.
Here's some stuff about my PC If that helps:-Windows 10 Home
-10th Generation Intel Core i3 processor-8GB Memory
-Intel (R) UHD Graphics Card-Microsoft DirectX 12
-All drivers are up to date, using the most recent version of Windows

And here are some things I've noticed:
-If I watch the file folder while trying to launch the game, a zipped folder called "crash" pops up for a few seconds before the Netease logo shows.
-Sometimes the logo never does pop up
-Runs fine on Windows 7...

The problem doesn't seem to be with the files themselves. I downloaded the game on my Windows 7 laptop and it worked. So I sent those working files along with the working setup to my Windows 10 laptop. First I tried using the setup that I sent over, but the same thing happened. Then I directly downloaded all of the files that I sent from the Windows 7 laptop and put them together in a folder. That also didn't work.

Is there any way I can make the game launch in Windows 10? Please only reply if you have a solution or any useful information. Let me know all the details of what happens when you try to run the game, any solutions that were tried, or anything else that might get me closer to solving this issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2021-2-18 11:31:30 | Show the author posts only
To anyone who may come across this trying to find a solution, have you tried troubleshooting? I got a new computer recently and when I tried to get on Identity V, it would only load the NetEase logo. I tried whatever I could do and when I got troubleshoot results, it said that this new computer wasn't compatible with dwrg.exe. I'm not knowledgeable on computers so I'm a little scared to try anything to make it so this new computer can run Identity V. I recommend that you troubleshoot the game just to see what you get.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules